Macomb Sewage Cleanup
Protecting Your Home From Sewage Backups in Oakland, St. Clair, & Lapeer Counties
If raw sewage enters your home or business, anyone that comes into contact with this material is at risk for exposure to harmful bacteria and illnesses. In other scenarios, such as those involving water or fire damage, some things can be salvaged. However, because of the filth associated with sewage, we recommend that all affected materials are removed. We’ve completed thousands of jobs as professionals with 25 years of experience. There is no other team to trust when you need expert sewage cleanup in Macomb.
We are here to help when you need sewage cleanup services in Macomb. Call (800) 350-0636 when you are ready to schedule an appointment.
I would and will recommend this company to any homeowner in crisis. They know how to handle business and truly care about your home!
How Can I Prevent Sewage Backup?
It can be tempting to save money with DIY cleanup solutions, but any leftover bacteria or water damage can deteriorate your home quickly.
Take these steps to prevent sewage backup:
- Schedule annual sewer camera inspections
- Don’t send fat, oil, food, bones, soap, or hair down your drains
- Replace pipes before they collapse
- Remove clogs as they appear
When your plumbing needs a service, it's essential that you don’t wait to fix these issues. Otherwise, they can become more significant problems like collapsed pipes or a sewer backup. The best way to prevent clogs is to monitor the materials sent down your drain. Things like fat, oil, large food scraps, soap scum, hair, bones, and flushable wipes can all create clogs.
A sewage backup is the outcome of issues that have snowballed over time. By taking care of your plumbing system now, you can avoid an emergency like this later. However, if you do need expert sewage cleanup in Macomb, Flood & Fire Solutions Inc. is here for you 24/7.
Contact us online or at (800) 350-0636 to schedule a Macomb sewage cleanup service today!
IICRC Certified Since 1997We proudly carry The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, & Restoration Certification. We use industry best practices & state-of-the-art equipment to help with your restoration.
Customer Service FocusedDamage to your home or business causes a lot of stress. Our team is prepared to answer your questions, speak with your insurance company, and help in any way.
24/7 Emergency ServicesAn emergency can happen day or night. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to guide you through any situation.
How to Protect Yourself from Sewage
Protecting yourself from harmful effects is critical as soon as you notice sewage has begun to contaminate your space.
When sewage begins to back up into your space, take these steps:
- Turn off the main water supply: The faster you can stop the sewage from entering your building, the less damage it will do. Typically, the shut-off valve is located outside, with a red or blue handle. Most bathroom fixtures have individual shut-off valves if you can’t find the main shut-off valve.
- Shut off electrical power: Any plugs in or around the area contaminated by sewage should be shut off with the circuit breakers in your home. This prevents other issues from arising, like short circuits or an electrical fire.
- Don’t walk through sewer water without protection: If you need to move through sewer water to turn off the water supply or electricity, it’s essential that you protect yourself. Wear facemasks, gloves, rubber boots, and eye protection, so you’re completely protected against harmful bacteria.
- Notify our team and your insurance company: We suggest you call our team first, because your insurance company may not recommend the best people for the job. Don’t get stuck in a home that isn’t cleaned properly when our professionals can offer expert sewage cleanup in Macomb.
- Ventilate the area: If it is safe to do so, and you have the proper safety equipment, open any windows or doors to begin circulating air. This improves drying time to reduce the water damage caused by sewage.
You can reach us at (800) 350-0636 to speak to a member of our team about how our Macomb sewage cleanup services can help you!